Lehigh Riding Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Welcome to Lehigh!
Welcome to Lehigh Riding Academy, a prestigious riding academy set in the small, yet bustling town of Lehigh Valley. Founded about 20 years ago by two horse enthusiasts, the academy has made a name for itself as one of the best, but, with the recent retirement of the original founders and the handing of the baton to a totally new head, there is talk that the academy may be up to losing that reputation. Rumors are just rumors, yes, but only time will tell if those rumors will come true...

Vote For Us!

Site Staff
~ McKenzie - Site Owner ~
Alexander McMillan
Jackson Wall
Andy Bedford

~ Calypso - Co-Runner ~
Catriona Faulkner

~ Collective Admin Account ~
On The Map
This is where any news of the forum will be posted. Admins will try to update it regularly.

♞ Welcome to LRA! The site has gotten a new face lift and an update on the plot!

♞ Yes, the site is open, for any of you lurking guesties that may be interested in signing up! We'd love to have you aboard, so why not go up and register with us to see if you're interested!

♞Spring has officially arrived! Warm weather for the win!
Latest topics
» Hope is so much harder than despair
Winter Wonderland // Alex EmptySun May 24, 2015 9:02 pm by Guest

» Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Seraph
Winter Wonderland // Alex EmptyFri May 22, 2015 6:09 pm by Guest

» Take Me To Wonderland ~ A dystopian Wonderland RP
Winter Wonderland // Alex EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:42 am by Anastasia Orlova

» Spring Cleaning Take 2!
Winter Wonderland // Alex EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 2:31 am by Ava Keys

» Peace and Quiet // OPEN
Winter Wonderland // Alex EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 8:06 pm by Maria Doyle

» INDIGO LEAGUE, a pkmn rpg
Winter Wonderland // Alex EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:53 pm by Guest

» Hearing Voices
Winter Wonderland // Alex EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 6:43 pm by Tony Bedford

» Texts From Last Night
Winter Wonderland // Alex EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 6:28 pm by Tony Bedford

» Updated Site Plot!
Winter Wonderland // Alex EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 5:12 pm by Maria Doyle

Chatbox
Affiliates
Our Affiliate Banner
Member Sites
Sites We <3
Affiliate with us and have your gorgeous banner here <3

THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS

Winter Wonderland // Alex

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anastasia Orlova

Anastasia Orlova

Money : 1084

Winter Wonderland // Alex Empty
PostSubject: Winter Wonderland // Alex   Winter Wonderland // Alex EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 2:20 am

a thousand miles and poles apart, where worlds collide and days are dark
YOU MAY HAVE MY NUMBER, YOU CAN TAKE MY NAME, BUT YOU'LL NEVER HAVE MY HEART
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sitting in Tenebrae's stall with her laptop and using her darling horse as a wall, Nastia dug her hand into the bag of chips and grabbed a handful, stuffing it into her mouth as she skipped the credits on the current episode and clicked onto the next one. Tenebrae gave an affronted whinny, gently shoving her with his soft nose and shaking his head at her puffed out hamster cheeks when she looked at him. The brunette grinned, chomping happily on the chips until she could speak without spraying crumbs all over him. "I know, I know. I need to eat more like a lady. You've been hanging out too much with Babulya," she teased, placing a kiss on his nose, to which he simply shook his head and snorted.

It was Christmas and the entire academy had gone home for the holidays, but since Russians didn't celebrate Christmas when the English-speaking countries did and instead celebrated on New Year's, Nastia had stayed behind. She'd moped around her dorm for a good part of the morning, allowing herself a sleep-in. Then after a very nutritious lunch of mac-and-cheese, she had gotten all her junkfood supplies together, along with a bag of carrots and treats for Tenebrae, grabbed her laptop and headed down to the stables. She'd given her darling a good groom, mucked out his stall, given him a Christmas treat, and then settled down to spend the afternoon watching various shows and movies. Every so often Tene would look over, watching the movie intently for a length of time before nibbling on her hair, a signal that he wanted a carrot which she gladly gave him.

Nastia smiled at his antics, reaching up and patting Tene's neck, before offering him a peppermint. With a nicker of approval he enveloped his soft lips around the treat and crunched on it noisily before nuzzling his owner. Giggling, she gave him another kiss before turning her attention back to her movie. She didn't care that she was alone for Christmas; life was good.

Notes: Italics is to indicate she's speaking Russian to him, cos it's easier than writing it in Russian xD Babulya is the sweet version of Grandma
Outfit: Sherlock penguin t-shirt with baby-blue long-sleeved thermal top underneath, cream riding pants and black boots.
Credit: Calypso for the template; "Skyfall" by Adele
Back to top Go down
Alexander McMillan

Alexander McMillan

Money : 1355

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wonderland // Alex   Winter Wonderland // Alex EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 3:43 am

Winter Wonderland // Alex Pine10
i look down and see your name there on my phone
THEN I HIT IGNORE AND JUST DRIVE ON; WE'VE BEEN LIVIN' LIKE THIS TOO LONG
and there ain't no reason to turn around; baby, you can have it all
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With a soft sigh, he softly shut the door of his truck, pausing a moment to lean back against the vehicle with one hand held to his head. There really was no end to her arguments. He'd been lucky to get out the door as quick as he did, not that he hadn't had to shut his phone off on his way to shut the bloody thing up because of her messages. She has grand timing to pick a fight with me today, Alex thought with a frown. Whatever, I can worry about that mess later. Forget her argument that he spent too much time out here. He seriously couldn't see why she saw it as a problem seeing as she seemed to be on his heels every second once he walked in the door until he walked out. It got to be too much way too quick.

So he'd escaped to the stable, which was what he'd wanted to do in the first place, but now he really wanted to do it. Forget about home life and just ride. That's what he needed, and it was perfect that the academy was practically a ghost town with it being Christmas now. When he walked into the stable, he was greeted by the various soft nickers of the stabled horses and the smells of the barn. This was home.

Moving down the aisle, he noticed that there actually was someone still at the academy, noting that it was Nastia with her horse, Tene. Perhaps a riding partner wouldn't hurt him. It'd probably manage to really take his mind off of the nasty argument he'd just had with his pain of a wife. Seriously, he was starting to question why he'd married her in the first place. Approaching the stall door and leaning on it, he looked into the stall to see Nastia watching something on her laptop with the horse. By nature, he couldn't resist a smile. "Hey," he greeted, "You having fun in that theater, huh?" Smirking just slightly, he looked up at Tene standing over Nastia. Obviously horse and rider were both enjoying this clip, and that was more than a family he'd ever get at home. Just the thought made him want to grimace and sprint to the tack room to find his horse's tack.

Heck, it probably wouldn't hurt to ask, would it? "If you aren't busy, do you wanna tack up?" he asked. "I could use a little stress relieving ride and they do say that two makes company, if you're up for it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
notes ♞ i feel like this is so lame, but i'm super happy about this new template. x3 and, of course, pairing them. :3
tagged ♞ anastasia
word count ♞ 428
outfit ♞ this
credit ♞ template - mckenzie; lyrics from "been there, done that" by luke bryan

Last edited by Alexander McMillan on Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anastasia Orlova

Anastasia Orlova

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wonderland // Alex   Winter Wonderland // Alex EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 4:56 am

Tenebrae gave a whinny, but Nastia was too absorbed in the episode and paid him no mind. "No more carrots, you've eaten them all. I'm going to go broke feeding you at this rate," she chided him, though her tone was loving and teasing, with no malice meant. She loved her giant eating machine. But next second she heard a newcomer speaking to her and she quickly turned. She couldn't help the grin that came upon her face at the sight of her handsome instructor, though she bit the inside of her cheeks to stop herself looking like a psychotic clown. "Tene wanted to rewatch season three of Sherlock. Who was I to say no to that gorgeous face?" As if on cue, the horse looked over at Alex for a long moment, blinking slowly as if to ask him that same question.

She chuckled, shaking her head at his antics before turning her attention back to Alex. "Oh I dunno. Sherlock is just about to save everyone from impending doom," she commented, looking as if she was seriously considering whether to stay and watch an episode she knew off by heart or to go for a ride. She frowned and gave a mock sigh. "Oh alright, I guess I could help with this stress-relief of yours." She kept the serious expression for a moment longer, before breaking out into a grin. Closing her laptop, she reached out to put one arm around Tenebrae's neck, clasping his mane with the other hand she awkwardly held her laptop in. A second later, the gelding stood up, hauling her up her up with him. "Spasibo dorogusha," she crooned, patting his neck and taking a shaky step forward to the stall door. "I think my butt's fallen asleep. I didn't even know that could happen," she commented as she wrinkled her nose in confusion, bending down to pick up all the remaining food before leaving the stall.

"So what's brought you to the stables today? I know Tenebrae and I are irresistible, but you didn't need to come all the way out just for us," she teased, giving him a sideways grin as she walked. Had it been anyone else, Nastia probably would have held her tongue and being more reserved. But with Alex it had never felt like he was her teacher, even though he was. From day one it felt to her like he was more of an older friend than anything. She gave him the same respect as she would any other teacher, but with him she felt so much more relaxed and like she could say what was on her mind instead of just holding her tongue. She turned to look at him for a moment, raising her eyebrow slightly. "Did the vulture, I mean, uh, wife have another go at you for something horse related? Or nono, let me guess - you accidentally bought her L’Air Du Temps perfume instead of Chanel No. 5 for Christmas?" She gave a silent snort, giving her head a slight shake, resisting the urge to roll her eyes. For the life of her she couldn't understand women like that. Or rather, she couldn't understand why women like that were together with men like Alex who lived and breathed horses and instead of getting involved in his interests just complained and argued about it.

Notes: The line in Russian means "thank you, darling". So. Freaking. Excited.
Outfit: Sherlock penguin t-shirt with baby-blue long-sleeved thermal top underneath, cream riding pants and black boots.
Back to top Go down
Alexander McMillan

Alexander McMillan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wonderland // Alex   Winter Wonderland // Alex EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 9:11 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex grinned as he watched Nastia with Tene. It was so true. Who could resist such a face? He could never resist his own mare's face, either. Her soft brown eyes were warm enough to melt anyone's heart and even if that didn't do it, she'd follow him about the paddock nudging at his pockets and hands until he finally gave it up and let her have it. The question was only reinforced by Tene's looking at him and Alex almost sighed, restraining himself from shaking his head. Yes, I know. Don't look at me like that. Or else he'd have to break out those treats he had stashed in the back of his truck from his last trip to the feed store. Knowing the little nibblers here, he'd be able to let them eat the town out of any amount of debt it could ever possibly accumulate rather quickly.

He then had to smirk as Nastia explained her 'dilemma' over the decision. He knew what her answer would be, but joking around with it was something that would never get old. She was just as much a friend as she was a student, after all, and that wasn't something that happened all the time. He then stepped back from the stall door to allow her to step out, chuckling at her comment. "Trust me, I've had that happen before. Strangest thing," he said, lightly teasing and wearing a smile of amusement at the confusion on her face.

Falling into step beside her so he could get Raven's tack, he frowned slightly at the question of what had brought him out to the barn at such a time, but it eased at her next comment. Sure, maybe some would've taken it as a little bold, but after what he'd just escaped, it was beyond comical - it felt super good to hear that. "Might as well have," he said, "It was her usual. I was done with it, so I came out here. This is probably why she was yelling, but how often do you think I really listen to her nonsense anymore?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
notes ♞ i feel like this is so lame, but i'm super happy about this new template. x3 and, of course, pairing them. :3
tagged ♞ anastasia
word count ♞ 353
outfit ♞ this
Back to top Go down
Anastasia Orlova

Anastasia Orlova

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wonderland // Alex   Winter Wonderland // Alex EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 5:31 am

At Alex's reply, Nastia couldn't fight it any longer and rolled her eyes. His wife must have a really nice pair of boobs, because other than that she didn't at all understand what he would see in such a creature. She hadn't met her (nor did she ever have the wish to), but from the sounds of things she was an utterly shallow human that didn't at all care about her husband nor his passions. How they were still married was a mystery to her; being married to someone was supposed to make you happy, not miserable, and Nastia couldn't understand why one would stay in such a toxic relationship. Out of guilt? Duty? She wasn't sure, but she only hoped that if she ever got married she wouldn't let herself stay if her partner made her unhappy. No matter how much she loved him. Happiness was more important.

"Look on the bright side - with all the yelling she did today, she's probably lost her voice and by the time you get home all there'll be in the house is blissful silence," she commented, swallowing the bitter lump in her throat that had formed and putting on a cheeky smile. Sauntering over to Tenebrae's tack, she picked it up and examined it to avoid looking at Alex. She liked him a lot and she hated seeing him hurt. Frankly, she hated seeing any of her friends hurt, but with him she just wanted to hug him every time he was upset and not let go for a good couple of hours. She realized it wasn't the most natural of feelings to be feeling towards a teacher, but she brushed it off. She blamed it all on the new environment; Americans were so much less reserved about their emotions and their ways were rubbing off on her. She pulled a face as she turned to face him. "But enough of the vulture ruining your Christmas. I was promised a ride. And if you're any slower at getting your tack, I might have to challenge you to a race, just to speed you up," she added with a laugh, picking up Tene's saddle.

Notes: The nickname stuck. Sorry not sorry.
Words: 361
Back to top Go down
Alexander McMillan

Alexander McMillan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wonderland // Alex   Winter Wonderland // Alex EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 9:45 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex scoffed and shook his head. "I wish it was that simple to shut her up," he muttered. "Hell, if it was effective, I would use ductape to shut her up and laugh about it!" He knew fully well that he shouldn't be talking this way around any student, or the academy for that matter, at all, but with everyone else off-site for the holidays, he was feeling even stronger than usual about that right to free speech. Plus, it was Nastia. He had never felt a strong need to restrain himself around her. He could say what was on his mind and he could say it straight. That was a hell of a lot more than he could say for the vulture in his life. I need to remember that one. I might just need to use it sometime.

Shaking his head briefly to clear it, he quickly grabbed Raven's tack. His wife, although he was starting to wonder how he still called her such a thing when she was more of a tyrant than anything, had almost always been a touchy subject as of late. It was getting to the point that he was having a hard time remembering what he'd seen in her and why he'd ever gotten the idea in his head to marry her. High heels and fancy hair styles had never been what got to him, and it seemed like that was all his wife was about. His old truck wasn't meant for running her from the house to whatever appointments she had. It sat in stark contrast to her fancy car. What kind of vehicle is that thing again, anyways? he thought with a frown. Whatever it was, it certainly wasn't what he was driving. Raven knew just how many times that sorry excuse for a woman had whined to him about trading it in for something more 'upper class' because she didn't want her friends seeing such a muddy old thing in their driveway. He'd started parking it right out front just to spite her, and he took all the muddy back roads the valley had to offer simply because he could. It was the small ways that he could get back on her that amused him the most.

Finally, a small smile returned to his features as Nastia threatened a race. She always knew exactly what to say to get him back on track. In a way, he'd been really hoping he would find her at the stables. A ride alone would've been alright, but she was more than a student. She was a friend, and he knew that a pick-up talk without filters had been what he needed after the heated fiasco back at his house. Sliding Raven's bridle over his shoulder and collecting the mare's saddle and saddle pad, he looked back over at her with playfully narrowed eyes. "Don't start something you can't finish," he shot back teasingly. "And, no, I'm not putting money on it, before you ask. I'm not a gambling man in that sense, but if you insist, I can't refuse if that's your wish."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
notes ♞ so much more loose with our emotions, eh? xD sounds like me under a fangirl attack. american and under a fangirl attack, how would nastia handle that?? xD and yes, i totally made him reference horse with 'raven knew...' 'cause why not?
tagged ♞ anastasia
word count ♞ 516
outfit ♞ this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wonderland // Alex   Winter Wonderland // Alex Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter Wonderland // Alex
Page 1 of 1